AT LANGLEY SENIOR CENTRE
It’s fun! It’s rewarding! It’s energizing!
Join us on the journey to becoming a valued volunteer!
- Fill out an application form online or in person at the centre.
- Be sure to share any special skills you may have and why you want to volunteer.
- Provide a clear Criminal Record Review: online or at your local RCMP office.
- Attend Orientation / Training.
- Complete a personal interview.
ORIENTATION / TRAINING
- Happens 3 times a year: Winter, Late Spring, Fall
- Includes sessions which cover:
- Overview of the Langley Senior Resources Society; Programs, Services, and Policies.
- Communication skills, Assertiveness Training.
- What is Social Isolation?
- Elder Abuse is real.
- Community Resources.
- Volunteer position job descriptions.
WHAT IF I CAN’T ATTEND THE TRAINING?
- Because training is held during the day, it may be difficult for some potential volunteers to attend.
- In some circumstances, an interview with the volunteer manager will be enough and a copy of the training materials will be given.
- A second interview may be scheduled in person or on the phone to address any questions that may arise.
- On the job training will be provided wherever you are placed.
HOW DO I WANT TO HELP?
- It is helpful to have some idea of how you want to be involved:
- Basic tasks or multi tasking.
- Interacting with well seniors or those who are frailer.
- Supporting the work of the Society (Board of Directors, Fundraising, etc.)
- Office / Computer work, Serving meals, providing Transportation.
- Creative Tasks.
- Interacting with the public.
WE WELCOME YOUR INTEREST!
Please call for further information:
Telephone: 604-530-3020 extension 302